Another great infographic. This one does a great job of being a case study of Social Media success for Universities.
Tag Archives: Case Study
- Recommendations from family and friends trump all other consumer touch points when it comes to influencing purchases, according to ZenithOptimedia. (AdAge, April, 2008)
- There were nearly 116 million US user-generated content consumers in 2008, along with 82.5 million content creators. Both numbers are set to climb significantly by 2013 (eMarketer, February 2009)
- Seven in 10 (69%) consumers who read reviews share them with friends, family or colleagues, thus amplifying their impact. (Deloitte & Touche, September 2008)
GreatWhiteParts is a small start up that is focusing on providing a parts and accessories service for boating enthusiasts. With the economy down in the dumps, disposable income is thin, so the creation of this service is critical for boaters to be able to extend their buck a bit further.
This past week I had them open up the ability for users to add testimonials. Unprompted, buyers gave glowing feedback of the Great White Parts fledgling service – with many talking about how the website has been great find in a rough financial environment:
“These guys are fantastic. I called them up looking for a bunch of parts I couldn’t find, and they got them to me for a great price! Thanks, guys!”
“The prices in Rhode Island are through the roof. I will admit that getting prepared for fishing season this year was going to be costly. I had put off a number of repairs. But I bought alot of stuff here and saved hundreds of dollars that would’ve cost me alot more if I bought em here in Rhode Island. I will tell my friends about this site. Wicked cool!”
- Last week Great White Parts received 11 sales.
- This week they had 27 sales -with 16 of them since April 22nd when their Testimonials rolled in.
- That is a 70% increase in sales with a majority of the sales coming after the testimonials were received.
This is a very small sample (one week). But the data was too profound to be circumstance. I will be posted updates in the comments as time passes and see if these numbers stay at 60% or get up into the 75% range. Also, if you are a B2C site, this is a no-brainer! Get those testimonials up! If you are a boater- looks like this is your lucky day!
I will be blogging next week about time management & Social Media in the business world. Have a great weekend everyone!